Product & Sourcing Manager
Myrqvist is one of Stockholm’s fastest growing fashion start-ups and specializes in classically designed quality footwear. Myrqvist is disrupting the high-end footwear market for men, by offering handmade shoes for half the price of traditional manufacturers. This is made possible thanks to a modern business model, in which Myrqvist omits retailers and other middlemen unnecessary to the 21st century.
Started with a Kickstarter campaign in 2016, Myrqvist became the most funded fashion campaign Sweden and in less than three years the product line has expanded, two stores in Stockholm have been opened and shoes have been sold all over the world.
About the role
Myrqvist is looking for a driven Product & Sourcing Manager to join their team in Stockholm, Sweden. The Product & Sourcing Manager will have an important role in driving business growth by ensuring an efficient supply of products to match their rapidly increasing demand. The Product & Sourcing Manager will be working next to the CEO and be part of the management team.
The Product & Sourcing Manager will have a wide responsibility, ranging from assortment planning to product development. The Product & Sourcing Manager will be the main point of contact between Myrqvist and its production partners, and his/her main objective will be to make sure Myrqvist has the right products at the right time in the right place.
• Full responsibility of sourcing and purchasing core products as well as accessories.
• Negotiating with our production partners to achieve margin requirements, quality level and lead time for the collection. This requires daily contact with factories and regular visits.
• Evaluate existing products and implement improvements where needed.
• Developing new products and product lines together with the rest of the team.
• Minimise costs and lead times while ensuring high quality products.
• Responsibility and ownership of the product creation process from design hand-over to final sample.
• Assortment planning (product mix, launch month and price).
• Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products
Who we are looking for
. • Experience within sourcing/purchasing and/or production
• Experience within footwear, clothing or leather goods
• Experience of product development and footwear design are a plus
• Organizational and project management skills
• Excellent English communication skills. Portuguese is a plus
• Professional, proactive and organized with attention to detail
• Ability to work and thrive in well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Interested in working in the industry of men’s shoes (fashion and apparel).
Does this sound like a job for you?
If yes, please send your CV and Cover letter in which you motivate why you in particular are a good fit for this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your application to email@example.com